2/25/2013

H A L F // T I M E | MADY

Hello bloggies! I'm so sorry that we don't blog for like ages but we're both in such stressfull times now. As you may know I'm studying fashion design and have my exams now.
One week is over and it's half time now! Only one week and this thursday I'll be free.
At least for 4 weeks. Then the next semester will start. I just wanted to share with you my semester work! I'm still not done with all exams but I'm just taking a 2 hours break and decided to blog.The title of our semester theme is "The Colonial Eye". Very interesting , huh? With my design class I went to the photography exhibition "The Colonial Eye" which consist sepia photographies of Indian people taken by british colonists. What you can't see behind these photos is that the british suppressed the people and gave them drugs so they could take photos of them. Also they did experiments with them because in former times people believed in measurements of the human beings and part them into races. Nowadays we know that this is ridiculous. 

Another inspiration source should be Lucy Chadwick and her life in New York. Some of you may know her. If not, here's a little image video she did for ZARA. I love this video and think it's very cool. I like Lucy's style so it was a pleasure for me to create a collection which she would wear. 



I took inspiration of both: The traditional India and the modern New York & Lucy Chadwick. The structured grid of NY's streets and traditional garments of India leave their mark on my collection. I decided to give my collection a title: AQUALIBRIUM. A mixture of the words agua and equilibrium. I just wanted to connect my inspirations with water because in my eyes I see people flowing through the full streets of india and new york and water is an element which can connect people but can also destroy them. The destroy - part is just a little hint of the british colonies which suppressed India. Hidden plackets and fastenings render the collection clean and pure. The combination of minimalistic shapes, natural colours and soft materials connects the tradition of India to modern New York. A unique and purist look that is feminine and sophisticated whilst still casual defines my Pre Fall 2014 collection. And here are my designs! Thanks to coffee, my friends, Debbie for the photographies, model Katarina and Make - Up Artist Kisu! Best Team ever. XOXO
 
 
 

All rights for designed pieces and photographies of the collection are reserved to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment